ft = FILE_TYPE(#channel)
ft = FILE_TYPE(‘filename’)
This function returns the files type byte. The various types currently known to me are :
- 0 = BASIC, CALL’able machine code, an extensions file or a DATA file.
- 1 = EXEC’able file.
- 2 = SROFF file used by linkers etc, a C68 Library file etc.
- 3 = THOR hard disc directory file. (I think!)
- 4 = A font file in The Painter
- 5 = A pattern file in The Painter
- 6 = A compressed MODE 4 screen in The Painter
- 11 = A compressed MODE 8 screen in The Painter
- 255 = Level 2 driver directory or sub-directory file, Miracle hard disc directory file.
There may be others.
1000 ft = FILE_TYPE('flp1_boot') 1010 IF ft <= 0 THEN 1020 PRINT "Error checking FILE_TYPE: " & ft 1030 ELSE 1040 PRINT "Flp1_boot's file type is " & ft & "." 1050 END IF